We are all invited to attend the Listening Session to be held at St Stephens Church in Cahaba Heights this Sunday, June 23 from 2:30 to 4:00 in the afternoon. Below is an explanation of these sessions.
The Search Committee for our new bishop is holding a series of listening sessions around the diocese designed to get a sense of who we are as a diocese and what we would like the Diocese of Alabama to become in the next ten years. At these sessions the following questions will frame the discussion:
1. What is one thing that makes the Diocese of Alabama stand out in a positive way?
2. What is one thing in which the Diocese of Alabama falls short?
3. What is one challenge that the Diocese faces in the next 10 years, and what response to that challenge do you hope to see?
4. What do you think the role of the next bishop will be moving forward?
5. What would you look forward to happening in the Diocese in the next decade?
Vacation Bible School Postponed
We have postponed our “Roar” Vacation Bible School until July. The new dates are: July 16 – 18 from 6:30 to 8:00 pm. VBS is open to all children, grades K-5 (completed kindergarten). You can register on-line, or a via the downloadable registration form found by clicking on Parish Life. We are in need of adult volunteers to help with this year”s program. If you are able to help, please contact Mandi Gonzalez
July 4th at Morgan Creek
St Catherine’s parishioners will again celebrate July 4th at Morgan Creek. Come out and join your friends for an old fashioned July 4th celebration. Bring a picnic or purchase barbecue there. Gates open at 5:00 and the band will begin playing at 6:00. Fireworks are scheduled for 9:00. This is a great event for young and old alike. Entry fee is $15 per person; children under 12 are free.
Beans and Rice
Our next Beans and Rice Pantry will be open Saturday, July 20th from 9:00 to 11:00 am.
Supplies needed for July 20th include:
* 36 cans of Pears, 36 cans of Peaches, 36 cans of Oranges, 36 cans of Green Beans, 36 cans of Potatoes, 36 cans of Carrots, 36 cans of Soup, 36 cans of Sloppy Joes, 36 cans of Chilli, and 24 cans of Corn.
* 100 pounds of Rice (we suggest 50 lb. bags which we repackage into one lb. bags)
* 70 pounds of Pinto Beans (we suggest 25 or 50 Lb. bags)
* Vegetables from your garden, 36 boxes of Mac and Cheese, 36 Toothbrushes, 36 Tubes of Toothpaste, 36 packages of Toilet Paper or Paper towels
If you prefer a year end “No goods or services” statement for tax purposes, you are invited to make a financial gift to St. Catherine’s designated for Beans and Rice.
If you prefer to donate your valuable time, please join us and welcome our guests and assist them as they carry their pantry items to their vehicles.
We are beginning the process of searching for a new Nursery Coordinator. The job requires being at church from 9:00 – 12 noon each Sunday as well as the occasional special service. This person is assisted each week by a teenage nursery worker. The coordinator must be over 21 years of age and have some experience working with children. If hired they must pass a background check and complete the Diocesan program “Safeguarding of Children”. If you are interested in this position or know of someone who might be interested, please contact Amy Molloy
While we look for our new nursery coordinator we are asking for adult volunteers to help our teenage nursery workers each Sunday in the nursery. please contact the Parish Office or sign up on the list posted in the parish hall, if you would be willing to help out in this way..
Parish Prayer List
If you would like to place someone on the Parish Prayer List, including yourself, please contact the Parish Office. Names will be included weekly in Sunday service bulletins and Weekly e-News.