At St. Catherine’s, there are many ways to contribute your time and talents to the mission of the Church.
For example, if you like to be creative, you might:
- Try joining the Altar Guild. The Altar Guild is responsible for preparing the Altar for our celebrations of the Eucharist and special services throughout the year. They also help prepare the flowers on the Altar. For more information about the Altar Guild, contact Cathy Cawthon.
- Or, try joining the Parish Life Committee. This committee is responsible for helping to plan special activities and events throughout the year. For more information about the Parish Life Committee, contact Pam Kimball.
If you love to sing, you might:
- Try joining the Adult Choir. The Adult Choir helps lead worship during the 10:30 am service on Sunday mornings and also sings for special services throughout the year. For more information about the Adult Choir, please contact our Director of Music, Debbie Gray.
If you enjoy gardening, you might:
- Try assisting with the Chelsea Community Garden. Work groups meet periodically throughout the year to work on clearing under brush and planting new crops. For more information about getting involved with the community garden, contact Brent McLarty.
If you enjoy serving others, you might:
- Try helping out with one of our several outreach opportunities. Assist with our Beans and Rice Pantry on the third Saturday of each month. Visit the residents at Hidden Acres Assisted Living for our monthly birthday celebrations. There are many ways to help. Contact Bill Wheeler for more information.
There are many more ways to be involved at St. Catherine’s, and ideas for new ministries are always welcome. If you have an idea for a new ministry, please contact our Rector, Father Eric Mancil.